[AccessD] Software Quality

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 10:35:13 CDT 2012

As most of you know, I live mostly in the world of SQL databases, using
whatever front-end is appropriate. In addition, I live and code by the
principle that whatever the BE *can* do, the BE *should* do. This means
that my FEs are as lean and mean as possible, and rely almost totally upon
the abilities of the BE to deliver the desired results.

That said, I tend to write the test cases before writing the code that they
exercise. I also write two sets of testers, the first resulting in failure
and the second resulting in success. Writing these first, rather than
afterwards, IME makes coding the actual procedure or function lots easier,
because when I finally get around to the actual coding, I've already got a
very clear idea of what could potentially go wrong.

A.