[AccessD] Upsize Wizard to SQL Server: Change schema?

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Aug 11 02:10:08 CDT 2012

Hi all

OK, I found out that the SQL Server Migration Assistant lets you do this:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/dataplatforminsider/archive/2012/01/30/microsoft-sql-server-migration-assistant-5-2-is-now-available.aspx

/gustav

>>> gustav at cactus.dk 09-08-12 17:45 >>>
Hi all

I'm using the upsize wizard in A2010 to SQL Server.

When I use it with my SQL Server 2008 R2 Express, it creates tables using the schema dbo:

dbo.SomeTable

However, if I it run against an existing database on a non-local SQL Server 2008 R2, where I've used other credentials to create the database, the database file (of course) does not have me as user as the owner. This seems to force the created tables to use my credentials as the schema, like MyDomain\Gustav. Thus, tables are named:

MyDomain\Gustav.SomeTable

This is fine if the tables were "mine" but they are not
How can I prevent this?

/gustav