[AccessD] Exporting Access to "Text" for Overcoming Corruption Problems

Jim Hewson jm.hwsn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 08:47:45 CDT 2012

Brad,
There is a way to export all objects (including tables) to text and then
import them back into the database.
I've done it.  In my case, my problem was importing the text files back
into the database.  The basic process is to export into text files, delete
ALL the objects, compact and repair, then import the text files back into
the database.  I'd recommend the export the objects then create a new blank
file and import into the new file.

Try this link for code to do it.  It doesn't explain the import very well
but you can get it to work.
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=99179

I also have a mdb file that takes does it for you that I received from Dan
Waters that I had to tweak a little but it really works well.

Good luck.

Jim