[AccessD] Access Book recommendations sought

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sat Aug 18 17:05:28 CDT 2012

Hi Arthur --

"Microsoft Office Access 2007 Forms, Reports and Queries", by Paul McFedries is not bad IMO. I have an electronic copy here, which I have only glanced but what I have seen and read looked nod bad. But this books does not have any VBA development information. Customers reviews on Amazon web site give a proper overview and set a correct rate for his book I suppose.

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Sat, 18 Aug 2012 08:13:55 -0400 от Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful at gmail.com>:

>A friend of mine is looking for a Access book that is especially strong on

Reports. He knows his database theory already (RI, joins, PK/FK, etc.) and

anyway, he won't be creating any tables, only joins to tables originating

from a variety of data sources, hit using ODBC. Personally, I like the

report writer in 2007+ vastly more than previous versions, so I'm

recommending he go with that.

I searched Amazon and saw two promising candidates, neither of which I've

read. They are *Brilliant Microsoft Access 2007 Forms, Reports and

Queries*(which is pricey), and

*Microsoft Office Access 2007 Forms, Reports and Queries*, by Paul

McFedries (much cheaper). Cost is not the deciding factor.

Has anyone read either of these? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

--

Arthur

Cell: 647.710.1314

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

-- unknown