[AccessD] Access 2007 on a network

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 10:29:03 CDT 2012

Guys,

I know the conventional wisdom as well as you do, but the fact is, both
front and back ends are on the network, even if he runs the front end from
his personal drive.
We do this all the time. I wasn't given a choice of playing field, and they
have a wealth of other Access apps running in this environment, all
lovingly tended by other developers.  It probably will turn out to be a
network issue, which is somebody else's baby, but I still have to find ways
to make it work.  My boss reacted with horror to the idea of copying front
ends to personal drives, but that's what I have them doing for now until
the network situation is explained/resolved.

Ultimately the back end will be SQL Server, but I'm still tinkering with
tables, and getting admin rights to a SQL Server in this organization is
probably not going to happen.

Charlotte