[AccessD] "Remote Desktop" on an iPad to Monitor Access Applications

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Mon Aug 27 14:21:51 CDT 2012

All,

I have several Access applications that I need to monitor every night
(remotely).  When I am at home working with a desktop PC, I simply use
the Windows "Remote Desktop Connection" to connect to the remote box
that hosts the Access applications.  This works very nicely.

When not at home, I also use Windows "Remote Desktop Connection" on an
very old laptop to connect to the remote box.

Recently, I have been having serious trouble with the old laptop.  Also,
my wife recently purchased an iPad that will always be with us when we
are away from home.

Instead of replacing the old laptop with another laptop, I have been
thinking about using the new iPad for the nightly monitoring.

It is my understanding that there are several products that can provide
a remote connection from an iPad to a remote Windows box.

I have to live with major one restriction, however.  I probably cannot
install any "communications" software on the "remote box".

Therefore, I have started to hunt for a "Remote Desktop Connection" ap
for the iPad that simulates the Windows "Remote Desktop Connection"
(does not need any additional software on the remote box).

Has anyone else experimented with products in this realm?  Any advice?
Recommendations?

Thanks,
Brad