[AccessD] Recreating an Oracle Environment - Learning Exercise based on a production instance as a model

William Benson vbacreations at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 19:52:19 CST 2012

Well all I want to do is test ADO upload and download to tables from excel
vba and as I do not have any any oracle environment, I didn't really know
how to do it. I thought maybe I was looking to "migrate" to a local
instance of the database but I had the client portion installed, not a
server portion. Also, when I tried to tried to migrate I could see that SQL
DEVELOPER considered that function to be readying data for al alternative
platform, not copying a database from one site (across a network on a
server, e.g., to a local instance).

I asked a colleague who has recommended I download and play around with
oracle express edition and so I am going to give that a try and report back
on my success or failures.

Stay tuned.