[AccessD] SQL Time

Kaup, Chester Chester_Kaup at kindermorgan.com
Tue Dec 11 16:13:51 CST 2012

Other message got sent to soon please ignore

Tried this and got a select statement error

Select t1.* from dbo_DSS_StatusChanges t1 inner join (select distinct PID, INT(StatusDate), max(StatusDate) as lastdatetime
   group by PID, INT(StatusDate))
 t2 on t2.PID = t1.PID AND t2.lastdatetime = t1.StatusDate;

I the modified the select statement and came up with this

Select t1.* from dbo_DSS_StatusChanges t1
inner join
(select distinct PID, INT(StatusDate), max(StatusDate) as lastdatetime
from dbo_DSS_StatusChanges
   group by PID, INT(StatusDate))
 t2 on t2.PID = t1.PID AND t2.lastdatetime = t1.StatusDate;

I now get an error of [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Disallowed implicit conversion from data type datetime to data type float, table 'dbo.DSS_StatusChanges', column 'StatusDate'. Use the CONVERT function to run this query. (#260)

Thanks for the help.