[AccessD] Loss of "Compiled" flag ???

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Fri Dec 28 10:10:58 CST 2012

All,

This is a curiosity question.

We have several Access 2007 applications.  I develop the applications in
our "Development Realm" and then move them into our "Production Realm"
so that each user receives they own copy of the application (Front-end
only - the data is stored in three backend databases - SQL Server,
Pervasive, or Firebird).  This all works nicely most of the time.
Sometimes, when I move one of the Access 2007 applications from
Development to Production - (copy the Development accdb file to the
Production accdr file), the new Production application issues errors
that seem to indicate that the VBA code is not compiled.

I can easily fix this problem by doing a compile of the Development
accdb file and then re-doing the move to Production.

I am curious as to why this happens.  It appears that somewhere in
Access there is a flag that indicates if the VBA code has been compiled
and that somehow this indicator is set to "not compiled".

Is there such a flag/indicator?

Is this flag/indicator accessible?

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks,