[AccessD] Fascinating (but schtupid)

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Feb 6 13:57:00 CST 2012

You CAN have the first 2 characters of a CSV file be "ID".

It is just that Excel can't handle the file properly.  You can do anything else you want with the
file with no problems, just not open it directly with Excel.

That;s only one of lots of gotcha's with opeing CSV files in Excel.  The last problem I had was
with a file containing the string "2 Sep" in several places (a technical description in oil palm
leaf analysis). Excel insisted on turning them into  dates and saving them as numbers when
the file was edited  and saved. :-(

--
Stuart