[AccessD] Testing SQL Server linked FEs

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Feb 17 11:29:28 CST 2012

To this point I have always worked with MDB data stores.  When I did testing where I needed to
modify data (adds/ deletes / edits) I would copy the BE files to a local directory and then map that
local directory to the X: drive where all the links pointed to.  Voila, "test mode".

Obviously that doesn't work with links to SQL Server.  I have seen code for modifying the link info
of the tabledef, storing the server / database info in a local table in the FE.  That seems like one
solution.  Is anyone doing something like this?
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it