[AccessD] My Comments

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 11:32:43 CST 2012

Recently a client of mine, for whom I delivered an Access app about 5 years
ago, called me out of the blue and asked if I were free to do a couple of
enhancements. Having nothing else on the plate other than trying to learn
C#, I said yes. There were so many apps done between then and now, not to
mention software and hardware upgrades, that I had to create a VM and
install WinXP and Office XP, just to match her environment.. There wasn't a
lot of money involved, and I didn't bill for the setup hours, and it was
nice to chat with her again after such a spell. That's all over and done
with, and I even finally figured out how to clone a VM with the essentials
installed (this on Oracle VirtualBox), so I can reactivate everything in
one swoop, should she call again someday. The up-side is that I haven't
received a single bug report or support call in five years -- just this
recent request for some enhancements.

This call also afforded me the chance to use GoToMyPC, which until recently
I have never had occasion to use. It seems to work well.

Back to my C# training regimen. And of course, to schedule the 500th
episode of The Simpsons tonight, starring Julian Assange, founder of
WikiLeaks. Should be fun!

A.