[AccessD] Office 2010 vs. Office 2007

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Sun Feb 19 12:40:26 CST 2012

I just rolled one out last week. Users were impressed.
It's been good. Could have been GREAT.
The good stuff:
1) split forms - all of the major bugs have been fixed. It's "da bomb" as
far as user interface goes.
Having the ability to scroll data via filter and sort is just so convenient.
2) triggers - absolutely excellent to allow users to see "what changed when"
across the entire database...NICE !
3) ribbon enhancements - excellent. Any tab now VBA activatable.(what took
so long ?)
4) computed columns - definitely neat and easily VBA controlled. An
alternative to modifying queries.
5) form search facility- STILL SUCKS HUGELY. Users HATE IT. VERY SLOW.
So I developed my own search using Rogers Access lib as a starting point.
Now, they're all happy - combined with the split form filter ability, users
can get to any data to modify almost instantly.

The bad stuff:
1) VBA7 buggy. I have to DECOMPILE on each and every edit session.
2) SP2 still not delivered....gotta be hundreds of outstanding little bugs
out there still not resolved !