[AccessD] My Comments

William Benson vbacreations at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 19:13:31 CST 2012

>>, I am ... writing a tut that ... will elucidate the path that an Access
developer should take into [C Sharp] world

Arthur, I am willing to learn, but I don't know what I could develop in C
Sharp that large clients are going to pay me for, or that their IT
departments will consider me worth the risk to contract with, given their
existing relationships and established DPMM beaurocracies. The client I see
most often contracts mainly with large low cost country vendors, with most
of the resources being "off-shore". Yes, those resources are hard to deal
with, however they have integrated themselves very well with the Multiglom
Corp. and they talk the language of "cheap" very well, which is all
Multiglom wants to pay.

The software is not very good in my unqualified estimation, but no doubt
there are surprises. I will never compete with these vendors, so shouldn't
I just be sticking with Excel and Access, where I can get very close to the
data that my clients are fighting with, building small and nimble systems?

I cannot possibly compete with hungry programmers in
India/China/Ireland/Afghanistan/YouNamitstan)