[AccessD] Two problems A2003 vs A2010

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Fri Feb 24 08:27:56 CST 2012

Dear List:

I have a simple line of code Docmd.GoToRecord , , acLast which works in
A2003 but in A2010 generates a run-time error '2046 - The command or Action
'GoToRecord' is not available now'.  The second problem is that the form
does not open maximized in 2010 but does on 2003.

I moved the maximize and gotorecord code to the Load event from the Open
event and it now appears to work.

Has anyone seen this?  IS this a known 'eccentricity' of 2010?  Any
guidelines on what  is OK in Open and what must be in Load in 2010?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software
858-259-4334