[AccessD] Check out Wi-Fi Analytics

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Feb 28 21:58:41 CST 2012

for configuring your home wifi system.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.pinapps.amped

It gives all the things I was looking for including graphing all of the currently visible signals,
telling me the encryption system, SSID and channel.  It gives channel collisions which allowed me to
see that everyone and their brother was on 1 and 11, someone was on 10 but 8, 3 and 5 were wide open.

I put it on my kindle Fire and also on my phone.  Very convenient for walking around the house to
see what the signal levels are. I have my main wi-fi in the center of the house and a hot spot at
either end.  With Analytics I now have moved my hot-spots off onto unused channels to minimize the
interference with the neighbors.

Nice app.

Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away