[AccessD] Text Box Format

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 10:11:30 CST 2012

Rocky,

A simple way to do this is to use this as the input mask: 99:00;0;_

However, this does not actually mean hundredths of a minute; rather, it
means minutes and seconds. For that reason, you can't enter more than 60
seconds. The best approach i to forget about the date/time field type, in
my opinion. Change the field type to either numeric or text. Either way,
you can use the input mask above.

HTH,
Arthur

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Rocky Smolin <rockysmolin at bchacc.com>wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> I have a text box which is bound to a field which stores elapsed time so
> there's usually a string of decimals in the table.
>
> The user wants to see the time to the nearest hundredth of a minutes.  No
> problem Format Fixed, decimal places 2, 1.23456 displays as 1.23.
>
> But when he goes to edit the field it displays 1.23456 making editing
> difficult.  He wants to still see 1.23 in the field when he clicks in to
> edit (and is willing to lose the fraction past 2 decimal places when
> editing).
>
> Is there a way to control that?
>
> MTIA
>
> Rocky Smolin
> Beach Access Software
> 858-259-4334
> www.bchacc.com <http://www.bchacc.com/>
> www.e-z-mrp.com <http://www.e-z-mrp.com/>
> Skype: rocky.smolin

Cell: 647.710.1314

Prediction is difficult, especially of the future.
  -- Werner Heisenberg