[AccessD] OT: Prevent outlook from receiving email

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Tue Jan 10 07:16:19 CST 2012

OT warning:

Well I haven't had a W-2 job since 1978 when I started my own company.  But
it seems to me that having emails pushed in your face all day long is
intrusive and disruptive to your concentration and efficiency.

I guess it's the culture. I've had people call me and ask if I didn't get
the email they sent five minutes ago.  They expected an immediate response
regardless of what I was doing at that moment.

Sometimes I actually close Outlook - if I'm doing something that requires my
absolute attention.