[AccessD] OT: Prevent outlook from receiving email

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Tue Jan 10 08:40:12 CST 2012

and

http://articles.cnn.com/2005-04-22/world/text.iq_1_mails-iq-messages?_s=PM:W
ORLD

Workers distracted by phone calls, e-mails and text messages suffer a
greater loss of IQ than a person smoking marijuana, a British study shows.

The constant interruptions reduce productivity and leave people feeling
tired and lethargic, according to a survey carried out by TNS Research and
commissioned by Hewlett Packard.

The survey of 1,100 Britons showed:

Almost two out three people check their electronic messages out of office
hours and when on holiday.  Half of all workers respond to an e-mail within
60 minutes of receiving one. One in five will break off from a business or
social engagement to respond to a message. Nine out of 10 people thought
colleagues who answered messages during face-to-face meetings were rude,
while three out of 10 believed it was not only acceptable, but a sign of
diligence and efficiency.

(That's 12 out of ten people who have a strong feeling about the question?)