[AccessD] Weird problem

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Wed Jan 11 07:48:38 CST 2012

Tina,

  It's just a data type in SQL.  You do nothing with the field other then
add it to the table.

There are a couple of MSKB articles that fill in the detail:

Optimizing Microsoft Office Access Applications Linked to SQL Server
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb188204(v=SQL.90).aspx

Look in the section "Understanding and Addressing Updatability Issues" and
then "Supporting Concurrency Checks" within that.

This one goes a little bit into the keyset model that JET uses to maintain
record sets and why issues arise with ODBC data sources:

PRB: Explaining "Record is deleted" error accessing ODBC table
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172339

Jim.