[AccessD] Jet Service Pack 8

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 11:48:29 CST 2012

I have to do some work on an app I wrote about 5 years ago. To keep free of
conflicts with Office 2007, I installed another Windows 7 and then
installed Office XP there. Now when I try to run the app, it's telling me
that I need Jet Service Pack 8. I Googled that and found a page listing
various versions of that file. Perhaps not surprisingly, Windows 7 was not
included in the list of versions. Can I get away with installing the XP
version? (Actually, I tried creating an XP boot but wrote down the serial
number incorrectly, and what I wrote down is not valid, so I'm beat on that
approach; hence the additional Windows 7 boot (Home Premium; the earlier
one is Ultimate 64-bit.)

TIA,
Arthur

--
Cell: 647.710.1314

Prediction is difficult, especially of the future.
  -- Werner Heisenberg