[AccessD] Friday sort of OT

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Sat Jan 14 05:49:14 CST 2012

A similar problem is the issue of the "quick fix". For a given task or problem, if you present a number of options along with the pros and cons, the client will almost always pick the option that takes the least amount of time. Unfortunately, those almost invariably always are unstable or unmaintainable.

So, the next time you come across some code or database that looks to be in very bad condition, consider that it might not necessarily be a reflection of their poor abilities, but that the project suffered from a constant pressure to produce a quick fix.

- Hans