[AccessD] How Access actually accesses SQL Server data

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Jan 19 07:15:44 CST 2012

Oh yea!  It is amazing how Access actually gets data from SQL Server.  In the case of updates it is
way inefficient and native stored procedures should be considered where possible.  Really quite
fascinating.

It is too bad that there isn't a way to set a property turning on the logging thing though.
Modifying the registry every time (and remembering to turn it back off) is very clumsy for something
so potentially useful.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away