[AccessD] uncompactable bloat

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Fri Jan 20 17:14:12 CST 2012

I have a vague memory of reading that this had been corrected in Access
2003.  For the last few years, I've set the default file format in Access
options to Access 2002 - 2003 and I've had no BE bloat problems.  The BE
does expand of course, but a compact always brings the size back down to
what I expect.  The max size of my BE data files are less than 35 Mb (so
far).

Dan