[AccessD] Help - Corrupt Access MDB File

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jan 24 07:07:33 CST 2012

Hi Mark

Are you aware of the MdbTools and the .Net wrapper for this:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/283626/MsAccess-MdbTools-with-MFC-and-NET

The article explains about the physical structure of the mdb file and how to decode it. Nothing new to JimD, I guess, but still ...

/gustav

>>> marklbreen at gmail.com 23-01-2012 18:15 >>>
Hello AccessD,

Since Access 1.0, I have not had a corrupt access file, but I have one today.

Can you advice me what I should do?  it is either 2000 or 2002-2003 format.

I cannot open, and cannot import objects and cannot compant and repair with Access 2010.  Each time Access says "un recognised database format".

Finally, the file is 219 MB and it zipped to 219KB, which is way to tiny.

Any suggestions appreciated,

thanks

Mark