[AccessD] OT: I have a weird one

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Jan 25 14:21:37 CST 2012

I use Hamachi a lot.  I have networks set up and all of my machines subscribed to these networks.

Over the weekend I went to Nashville with the family.  From there I used Remote Desktop back in to
my server over the Hamachi tunnel.  I connected to my big server (Azul) and processed an order.  I
had 20 files which zipped were 2 mb each.  I needed to send 1/2 of them to one person attached to
emails and 1/2 of them to another.

When I started sending them I was using MyOrderProc at gmail.com to send.  The first file goes fine,
the second gets ~75% sent and the Hamachi connection to the server goes down, literally goes gray
saying Azul is not connected, and Rd drops its connection.  I wait a few and it is back.  I try to
send the second file and the same thing, Hamachi tunnel drops and RD loses its connection.

I switched to a different GMail address and the emails / files go without a problem.  Switch back to
the problematic gmail address and one file goes, after which the hamachi tunnel drops.

I ended up just switching to the working gmail account and everything worked fine, all files went
out without a hitch.

So riddle me this Batman, how can a specific gmail address cause the Hamachi connection to have
problems?

Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it