[AccessD] Issues with running applications in 64 bit version ofOffice

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Mon Jan 30 10:06:25 CST 2012

<<What if I'm running Access 2003 under Windows XP or 7 - 64 bit - now what
?>>

  You do nothing.  It will just run.  Office 2003 is 32 bit, and it will run
under both 32 and 64 bit OS's.

  With Office 2010, if your only going to use the 32 bit version, you need
to do nothing.  If you are going to run the same DB under both 32 bit and 64
bit editions of Office 2010, then you need to use the VBA7 constant and
pointer safe on all the declares.  If your going to make 64 bit calls with
the new data types in Office 2010 64 bit, then you need to use the Win64
constant.

<<Does 2003 have a VBA7 directive already declared internally ?>>

  No.

Jim.

What if I'm running Access 2003 under Windows XP or 7 - 64 bit - now what ?
Does 2003 have a VBA7 directive already declared internally ?
If so, that means MSFT was preparing for this 4 years in advance ?
Wow.