[AccessD] Burn-out

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Jan 31 05:51:36 CST 2012

Hi Darryl --

> "Come up with your number - then triple it."
>From real life custom software development experience: when you have to quote a prospect project deadlines quickly without thorough analysis then multiply your optimistic estimations by four otherwise you'll have to work on weekends, nights, no vacation - non-stop...

As for the subject line of this project: In my opinion periodical burn-outs are inevitable side-effects of a contractor's life - your payment for your freedom. Freedom is costly, if you'll not find your way to be paid for your freedom by your customers, then just relax and take periodical burn-outs easy, or "surrender" to an employer... I personally can't find one here to "surrender" for many years :) (I have been employed for ten years in the beginning of my programming carrier - that were exciting times, great energetic skilled team etc. - it got broken apart very quickly a long ago, there were a few similar occasions later, and they all went broken, that was painful...)

Thank you.

-- Shamil