[AccessD] Burn-out

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 31 21:21:09 CST 2012

Hi Shamil:

You are right but JavaScript is a strange bird...somewhere in-between.

You can make objects and assign properties and you can make class as
attributes...but in the truest sense of the book description of what a class
and object is, it would be a fairly liberal interpretation. In the future,
looking at some of the development work in the latest ECMAScript 5 (New JS
industry standard) Here is a article describing the objects and properties:

http://ejohn.org/blog/ecmascript-5-objects-and-properties/

ECMAScript 5 is even starting to address techniques for accessing local
hardware that will yet again speed the processes.

When I describe basic JavaScript, I think of sizing windows, translating
input, doing simple math, creating substring etc....from then on there is no
real limits; graphic editing like you have showing, calling for data,
replacing sections of your screens, new forms or images, creating invoice
forms (being populated and being updated, in real-time), charts, managing
inline data...this can all get really complex really fast.

Fortunately, there is JQuery and hundreds of small apps, forums and a very
active community that is keeping the momentum up.

Presently, most of my development uses what I call pseudo ASP.Net. I tend to
use .Net to the basic design windows, forms, build the BE data connections.
After I remove much of the extra code and resource directory and strip
everything down to the layout and JQuery calls. Then all the AJAX management
and user interface is up to me.

One day I will be able to write everything from top to bottom or have enough
"field-tested" code to just cut and paste and patch...but not today. Right
now it is this vertical learning wall.

I suspect before you are an expert with you Windows Phone, you will know a
lot more about JS than you ever wanted to know. :-)

Jim