[AccessD] Cheap windows

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Jul 1 06:44:35 CDT 2012

 > I assumed we could  :)  what's the problem?

I'm confused.

I need virtual machines which run a Foxpro for Windows application purchased from a vendor.  I
purchased these $30 licenses for Windows to run in those virtual machines.  I already have one of
the VMs up and running one of these cheap licenses.

 >>> when you can have a full, server and desktop grade operating system for completely free.

If you are talking about Linux, then free isn't exactly free since I have to spend dozens if not
hundreds of hours getting myself up to speed on something I don't use, then getting them to run
(running Linux in Hyper-V was non-trivial, I have tried), then getting something like Wine to
emulate windows then dealing with any headaches of incompatibility...

A $30 license for the real thing (Windows) looks mighty fine to me!

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it