[AccessD] No messages for 2 days ?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 20:15:25 CDT 2012

Gigs remain in Access. Granted, it takes work to find them, but they are
there to be found and exploited. Thumbnail = Government + NGO + Stodgy
Corps. That describes the fertile fields for Access apps.

I ween it unlikely that one can find a brand-new gig in Access, currently,
for two reasons:

1. The entire market is moving away from desktops and toward
tablets/webs/phones; Desktop apps are an afterthought, currently.

2. The developer-tool of choice would render almost transparent the
distinction between phone and tab and desktop apps, allowing us developers
to design once and deploy many  times on many platforms. The only Dev Tool
I can think of that does this is Alpha Five v.11+.

I own no shares in said company (it's privately held), and have no vested
interest in the success or failure of Alpha Five. I love their deliverables
and I am prepared to make a serious commitment to the A5 vision of how
these things ought to work.

These guys are Good at what they do. I'm still learning their offering, but
so far I am totally Wowed by it. I've been converting a few aged Access
apps to webified A5v11 apps, and so far, everything is working out. I've
yet to complete a single one, but the ease of transition is truly
remarkable.

--
Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply
electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

   - Morpheus, in The Matrix.