[AccessD] Rebuilding AccessD - was Re: Svar: Re: Where to publish stuff

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 10:08:54 CDT 2012

IMO we don't need to look to new hosts for our family project. Rather, we
need to figure out how to attract new members. Not that I have any
brilliant ideas in that regard, but I think identifying the problem is a
good beginning.

Perhaps a posting along these lines, posted in various places, might help:

"Data-Based Advisors is a site devoted to several technologies, including
MS Access, ,NET, Office VBA and MS-SQL Server. We have been in existence
for a decade or more, and our family comprises experts, intermediates and
novices.

"Many of our members are eager to provide answers to questions such as 'How
do I...?'

"We encourage you to drop in and peruse the emails (questions and their
answers). To do so, please visit http://databaseadvisors.com/ ". From
there, you can join various sub-groups and begin posting your questions and
providing answers, should you feel so inclined.

"Unlike similar sites, DataBaseAdvisors has developed, over the years of
its existence, a genuine sense of family. You will see interchanges between
colleagues who have obviously known each other for years; but that is not
an elitist thing, not at all. We are a friendly crew and most willing to
invite new people into our family, and to share insights, solutions, and
problems."

Where to post such a message remains a question. I will volunteer to post
it on the Google+ Access Gurus space, once at least a second pair of eyes
has visited the proposed content and vetted/corrected it. I will also add a
post to my blogspot concerning same. I only have a few subscribers, but
many more visits.

One final thing: I am in transition regarding my internet provider.
Hopefully, by the end of next week the transition will be complete, at
which point I shall have the ability to host a web site, and I'm
considering devoting some portion of it to the task of providing a place
for articles on Access and various other technologies.

--
Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314

Beauty has no obvious use; nor is there any clear cultural necessity for
it. Yet civilization could not do without it.

-- SIGMUND FREUD, Civilization and Its Discontents