[AccessD] OT - And we believe in the stock market?

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Fri Jul 13 16:47:38 CDT 2012

 Don't you love it<g>

  Better yet, all the senators and congressmen getting on their high horses
about how the Olympic committee should be ashamed because they bought
uniforms mfg in China.

  Ah wake up senators and congressmen, but just about everything is made in
Asia these days and the textile and garment industries moved out of the US
decades ago.  I bet if you asked them to check their labels, you'd be hard
pressed to find anyone in the room wearing "Made in USA".

  But that wasn't even the most ironic; one of the statements was "The
Olympic team should be supporting their country".   The response from the
Olympic Committee?

"Unlike most Olympic teams around the world, the U.S. Olympic Team is
*privately* funded and we're grateful for the support of our sponsors. We're
proud of our partnership with Ralph Lauren, an iconic American company, and
excited to watch America's finest athletes compete at the upcoming Games in
London."

  They should support us but the USA doesn't support its own Olympic team?
I loved it!

  What idiots.  No wonder the country is in such a mess.

Jim.