[AccessD] Where to publish stuff

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Jul 14 11:58:13 CDT 2012

Hi Shamil

Thanks.

No, it wasn't you but someone else who advocated the use of a non-MS CMS or forum software.

/gustav

>>> mcp2004 at mail.ru 14-07-12 17:45 >>>
Hi Gustav --

I doubt DatabaseAdvisors web site will be placed here in Russia, in Moscow where parking.ru hosting is located - anyway here is a middle shared virtual hosting plan I did use for sample DNN setup:

http://parking.ru/shared/win/

5GB total storage, 5 web sites, 5 MS SQL databases, 5 MySQL databases, unlimited traffic, everyday backup etc. - ~9 USD/month (250 RUB/month)

and here are PowerDNN hosting plans for comparison:

http://www.powerdnn.com/Hosting/CreateaNewSite/ChooseaPlan/tabid/292/Default.aspx

<<<
And why abandon DNN because it runs on Microsoft software?
That would not be logical to me.

Sorry, Gustav, is that a question for me? I have noted in my prev. posting that it would be illogical IMO to run DatabaseAdvisors new site on non-MS platform if DatabaseAdvisors group developers (ourselves) are working mainly with MS software...
<snip>