[AccessD] Where to publish stuff

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 14 13:10:32 CDT 2012

Hi Gustav/Shamil:

There are none. It is running off a friend's servers and I am allowed
everything I would like... We have IIS but may be going for the Ingnx server
just for speed. I think we have MS SQL server 8.

I would like to do something with the DNN FE as it is the ultimate resource
pig. Get a few hundred instances going and you can bring any server and
database to its knees as there is no other package that does more round
trips.

My experiences with NDD have been fairly frustrating. This same friend
updated his version of NDD and SQL version and all his websites shut-down.
It took us over a month to get the site running again after I had deleted
thousand of lines of what I thought were convoluted useless code...classes
calling classes calling classes (I.e. 758 lines with resource files, were
replaced with 8 lines of code). That type of job should have taken an
afternoon to get it working, tops. It stores everything in the database! The
site is still has little issues and needs another week or two to completely
clean up but the pages loads in a tenth of the time and now it run
rock-solid.

That said maybe NDD should be used to get a demonstration package
boiler-plated together and up and running.

Jim