[AccessD] What's New in Access 2013?

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Thu Jul 19 10:33:22 CDT 2012

Jim - with the advent of Web 2.0 and HTML 5, many web apps become very close
in GUI functionality to desktop apps.
Outlook 2010 Web is a perfect example.
Not exactly the same, but very close.

Old web apps are "clunky" at best.
I'd say 80% of websites needs to be rewritten.
But "in this economy", it ain't happening.
So the web is likely to remain a hodge-podge mix of clunkers and cool, rich
user interface sites.