[AccessD] Windows 8 Mail Leaves Users Pining For the Desktop -or Even Their Phones

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Thu Jul 19 18:47:03 CDT 2012

My main concern with regards to this isn't all the fancy non-standard enterprise features that Microsoft introduced with their Exchange product. Of course it's a challenge for others to support those features perfectly when it's designed by MS and patented by them too.

But something as basic as IMAP is something everyone does properly. And it is a very basic protocol that has been out for a long time (since 2003) and has a clearly defined RFC.

- Hans

Sent from my iPhone