[AccessD] Remote Support for Access 2007 Applications ? Very SlowResponse Time During the Day

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Jul 20 11:50:15 CDT 2012

Hi Brad:

Depending on the client's router you can monitor site activity and bandwidth
usage. Some routers have monitoring apps built-in. The advantage of this is
that there is no performance loss across the site.

Business class Cisco (only ones that I am familiar with but I am sure all
business class routers have these features) routers and switches have
software built-in. If you set up their router so you can remotely log-in
they can be monitored. Also you can have the router logs forwarded to you
once a day, automatically.

Another app you can use runs on all Windows computers, takes no additional
resourses as it is always running and you can monitor virtually any
server/workstation resource activity and that is the "typeperf" command.
Check it out: just go to the command prompt on the respective computer and
enter: typeperf /? ...lots of options.

HTH
Jim