[AccessD] Chaos in corporate IT departments

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Fri Jun 1 02:31:40 CDT 2012

I'm not disputing your experience. However, in my experience, I found that there is often a disconnect between the core business and IT and the lack of involvement of IT in the financial burdens & rewards that causes this insulation from the users. IMO, IT should be involved in sales to some extent, otherwise they are just simply holding up the fort and doing whatever management and executives ask them to do. There is no connection to the product or involvement in the direction of the business. If you are just as involved in nurturing the business, you will care more about it.

Bureaucracy, IMO, comes from job security and boredom.