[AccessD] OLEDB connection string - Help please

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 1 09:49:10 CDT 2012

Hi Andy:

Have you gone through all the basics? Sometimes the connection strings are
not wrong and it could just be that the connection is not working.

Have you tried to "ping" or "net" the connector via IP address and name, at
the command prompt?

ping 24.123.456.5 or ping mydatabase.com
...and...
net view and net use t: \\MyServer\MyShare
...and...
net use s: \\MyServer\MyShare\ MyPassword /user:MyUsername /persistent:no
...or...
net use s: \\192.168.199.210\MyShare\ MyPassword /user:MyUsername
/persistent:no

To remove test: net use s: /delete

Once you are sure you can see and connect on a basic level then you will
feel more confident that you know you DB BE is there.

HTH
Jim