[AccessD] OLEDB connection string

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 10:59:17 CDT 2012

Right click on your desktop.
Choose New->text document

Rename the file something like test.udl (removing the .txt suffix)

Confirm the change of file extension

Double click the test.udl file you just created.

The connection tab should already be chosen, choose the server in the top
drop down.
Enter the username and password (up to you if you want to check the save
password box)

Choose the database in the bottom drop down.

Test connection.

Press OK.

Open the UDL file in Notepad to see your connection string.

HTH
David