[AccessD] The wonderful thing about Linux...

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 2 12:37:59 CDT 2012

Very interesting...will tag this.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Asger Blond
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2012 3:47 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] The wonderful thing about Linux...

For those of you using SqueezeBox Server to play music this might be of
interest:

http://squeezeplug.de/

Just 10 days ago I bought a Sheeva Multi Boot plug computer from NewIT (size
110mm x 69.5 mm x 48.5 mm) to run my SqueezeBox server.

Works fine: I can select my music from an iPad without a noisy and power
consuming computer or NAS turned on. The plug is absolutely noiseless and
consumes about 5 watt/hour.

But had I waited just a few more days I could have used the above link to
install the server on Raspberry PI (size of a credit card)...

Now I have to put up with a devise which already seems old and clumsy...

Only consolation: maybe the grapes are sour, said

Asger