[AccessD] Raspberry Pi

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Sat Jun 2 15:03:27 CDT 2012

I've been running a server with far less CPU power and the same amount of
memory just fine for all my home needs. Media server, file server, web
server, time server, etc. The essential linux apps are tightly coded. Linux
is very lean and fast in of itself. It's when you are dealing with desktop
applications that you start to see bloat. I would not suggest installing a
desktop on the RasPI, unless you go for something very minimalist like XFCE
or OpenBox or, even better, Xmonad. (I really wish the Crunchbang distro
would run on ARM!)

But, personally, I would avoid all that GUI stuff. Using a command line is
far superior anyhow.

Hans