[AccessD] Dvorak's rant on Windows 8

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Mon Jun 4 03:58:02 CDT 2012

Hi Gustav --

Thank you for your detailed note on Windows 8  and Metro style.

> When you have used Metro for a while, other interfaces look outdated.
Yes, this is my perception too as I have already noted here - and  I have only used Windows Phone 7 for half+ year...

> These - very young, old, or just inexperienced - can touch with a finger even if they can't read.
Yes... a few days ago I have got "captured"myself that I wanted to touch-click an [OK] button on a MS Windows 7 system popup dialog window of my desktop system, which isn't touch enabled. That was funny: my finger did get very close to the display surface before I realized that what I'm going to do (touch-click) will not work on that device.... :)

I guess another Windows 8 feature to attract many users will be SkyDrive synchronization of all devices running Windows 8 - and as most of desktop systems worldwide are currently mainly running Windows then it will be natural to users to get Windows Phone 8 smart-phones or Internet pads, and Android and iPhones will have to provide SkyDrive synchronization features too to keep their users not moving to WinPhones/WinPads...

Thank you.

-- Shamil