[AccessD] Help with Macro Security Level, Trusted Locations, Signatures et al

Andrew Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Thu Jun 7 03:36:24 CDT 2012

Ok so you deliver a working MDB and the first thing the user sees when they open
it is a series of popups warning about stopping running macros and then allowing
them to run this one. The Medium-level Access macro security stuff. All very
messy. Site won't permit setting Low security because of risk from other Access
apps. Reading the MS literature it looks to me as if the easiest solution is to
create a trusted location but as I plan to roll this out using Access 2010
Runtime I suspect the end-user pc's won't have the tools tto cereate a trustred
location (or am I wrong?). What do you guys do? Am looking for simplest
solution.

Cheers

Andy