[AccessD] Access 2010 Package Deployment error

Andrew Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Thu Jun 7 08:51:04 CDT 2012

Jeez, the Access gods are really out to get me on this project.

Downloaded A2010 Runtime. Running A2010 as admin and doing the Package Solution
wizard. All goes fine until the end of the 4th screen (General Properties,
Feature Information, etc). Click OK, save the settings and !^&*(*&*@@ I get "An
unexpected error has occurred". Really, really helpful MS. I assume if it was
expected you wouldn't have errored!!!

Has anyone had this and have a solution? I've Googled and found a Hotfix for
this happenning when additional files are added but a) I'm not adding any and b)
I tried it anyway and it hasn't helped. I've varied the parameters you type in
and still get it every time.

Stymied at every turn here. I want go back to my lovely old A97 :-(

Andy