[AccessD] New Computer Gives Error

rockysmolin at bchacc.com rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sat Jun 9 06:42:24 CDT 2012

Dear List:

I am out of town until the 17th so figuring out what's wrong with an app
that has been running fine and now doesn't is awkward.

The user got a new computer with (I think) W7 and new Office (but he
doesn't know which version) and sent me the screen shot he gets when he
tries to open the app.

The error reads:"The expression you entered as the event property
setting produced the following error code: the code in this project must
be updated for use on 64-bit systems. Please review and update Declare
statements and then mark them with the PtrSafe attribute."

Is he running the 64-bit Office and needs to load 32-bit version
instead?

MTIA,

Rocky