[AccessD] Dvorak's rant on Windows 8

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Jun 10 15:28:39 CDT 2012

Sorry, Hans, I missed to congratulate you with Denmark winning over the Netherlands in Euro 2012 Football Championship.
I should have mentioned Asger too.
My congratulations Gustav, Hans and Asger! :) (missed somebody else from Denmark?)

Thank you.

-- Shamil

P.S. From my childhood Hans-Christian Andersen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Christian_Andersen) your Hans full namesake got somehow associated in my braincells with Sweden not with Denmark. I have been to Denmark, Copenhagen, and I have seen the monument to Hans-Christian Andersen there still I didn't get wrong link to Sweden destroyed :)
And Denmark was always associated for me with Hamlet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamlet), from my very early childhood  ages- we all study "Hamlet" here in kindergarten you know :) - just kidding but AFAIKR I first watched this film (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamlet_(1964_film)) when a kid - since that time Denmark and Hamlet are tightly linked for me: when in Denmark I have been to Elsinore, everything was there as I have got it in my very early age from the Soviet movie...

Sun, 10 Jun 2012 02:17:53 -0700 от Hans-Christian Andersen <hans.andersen at phulse.com>:

> There's another proud Dane here, FYI :)
>
> Hans
>

> On 2012-06-10, at 12:55 AM, Salakhetdinov Shamil wrote:
>
> > Hi Arthur --
> >
> > You sound a bit depressing, don't give up!
> >
> > In fact (if you believe MS) Win8 should run just fine on 1GB box:
> >
> > Have a look "Reducing runtime memory in Windows 8"
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/10/07/reducing-runtime-memory-in-windows-8.aspx
> >
> > Yes, JWC has a great hardware environment but is it a must have for every developer to be competitive these days?
> > I suppose it's not. For example, I'm staying currently outside St.Petersburg city, in a village and I'm using here a mere mortals DELL Inspiron 9400 with Win7 Ultimate 32bit, 3GB RAM, 300GB HDD, a GSM modem and a 850GB backup HDD connected via USB2.
> > That's it. And I feel rather comfortable developing .NET Framework and MS Office apps running all over the world.
> > I usually have three VS instances running keeping opened solutions with multiple projects as well as MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, dozen Google Chrome tabs and some other software...
> > And I'm using such a "poor man" system for almost a year now - trying to get the highest ROI from hardware investment possible :)
> > I have other hardware but I have found I don't need it for my current customers projects. Yes, keeping a couple of displays connected to one development box would help to speed-up a bit, and I'm planning to get them connected but again, that's it: that's all a developer using MS modern development tools would need to work efficiently on a broad range of application software project types. Not all of course: I can't develop SharePoint projects on my system, nor can I develop games for WinPhone7...
> > But on my 32bit system I'm developing software, which runs fine on customers' 64bit systems...
> >
> > Yes, I do plan to get  purchased i7-driven box this fall but just because my DELL Inspiron 9400 is getting a bit old - it's 5 years old currently...
> >
> > Once again, don't give up Arthur!
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > -- Shamil
> >
> > P.S. BTW, the Euro 2012 Football championship started a couple of days ago, and you're a football fun AFAIK. Did you see Denmark football team did win The Netherlands' one - first time in the last 50 years? (Congrats to Gustav! :)

<<< snip >>>