[AccessD] Dvorak's rant on Windows 8

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 12 11:52:43 CDT 2012

That is on my todo list.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:27 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Dvorak's rant on Windows 8

Hi Hans et al

Yep. St. Petersburg is so far from the "dull, grey Soviet city of the cold
war" you may have in mind, that it is hard to believe. A true star of the
European cities.
It's not the capital of Russia but could have been, so if you ever have the
option to stop by or redirect your journey, don't hesitate.

/gustav

>>> mcp2004 at mail.ru 11-06-12 21:37 >>>
Hi Hans --

I wish Denmark football team won Portugal...

> Some day soon I hope.
You're welcome, give me a call when you'll start your trip here...

> I've never really been to Russia, I'm afraid...
It's not that dangerous, I mean that. You'll see many similarities to
Copenhagen in St.Petersburg... and many differences...
At least the weather and nature are very similar here summer time: I have
been with family to Copenhagen in June a couple of years ago and then we
have got rented a car and went to Billund (LEGOLand) so we traversed your
native country from East to West (and before that we came from Finland and
Sweden) - all three Scandinavian countries' (Finland, Sweden and Denmark)
nature look very similar to North-West Russian one: I have even got brought
from Billund area several sprouting acorns and they are growing here now in
the garden as small oaks having survived two Russian winters...

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Sun, 10 Jun 2012 15:45:00 -0700 от Hans-Christian Andersen
<hans.andersen at phulse.com>:
> Hehe. Thanks. :) Here's hoping we will fare well against Portugal, which
is going to be as much of a challenge, if not more so, as their playing
style is very different.

> I've never really been to Russia, I'm afraid... Apart from staying a night
in a hotel near the airport in Moscow while in transit. I would very much
like to see St Petersburg, as it is a stunning city. I'm also starting to
appreciate history as I age and there is so much of it in Russia. But now I
live all the way over here in BC Canada, so it's a rather long trip to plan
for. Some day soon I hope.