[AccessD] How to troubleshoot a blue screen

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Jun 18 08:52:39 CDT 2012

Well, I got a blue screen today and when I went downstairs to look at the server, an SSD had failed.
  I could not even detect it nor get past the bios where it was trying to detect SATA ports.  This
box is stuffed with drives so I started with the SSDs (the most likely culprit) disconnecting all 4
(I could now boot) and then one at a time until I found the one drive.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it